Stephen's Performance
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 1977 Gmc Panel

Look what my (Part time Job) Boss Found in his Stuff!

The Box

The Bonus

I hope It Will Work.
    EATON
    Torque Control Products Division
    Part No. ED 19556-1
    Description: GM 8.875 Truck (4-series)
    Quantity:1

Now you May say " So it's a rear end" Well Ya it is. take a Look at a Map and look up Kanab Utah. I live near there. Yes it's beautiful, and they did and still do some filming, A lot of Westerns. But then look for a real supplier for aftermarket Preformance parts,,, Ok Now you know why I'm excited. This stuff just doesn't appear around here. Now to find some bearings and a ring and Pinion. 3:73's I think will do. I may need to find a new housing there is an interesting leak on the left tube to Diff joint? Scary.
    Last edited by Reinovator; 04-11-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    If you like it Make it, don't forget to ask for Help.

Rear end up date
    I was Finally able to get back to the rear end I have Installed the whole assembly and Yes I painted it. Pretty red, Exo-rust hot rod red. Nice color. I was able to trade off my Mercedes 240d diesel engine (Burn victim car) and tranz for the labor to set it up.
    I ended up with 4:11 gear ratio. now how to figure uot the right speedo gear set up. Help would be grateful.
    I also discovered two blown rear shocks. one leaking or the other al but frozen no wonder at had a Booty shake (DAHHHH) why I missed this simple check I don't know, maybe because of the constant interruptions every time I touch a wrench to this build.

here are some pics

We had a 100 year storm again this year while i was installing it.

Now for the 4 bar Hey Lou? a quote please.

I also plan on doing something with that stupid But functional exhaust.
    Last edited by Reinovator; 10-03-2014 at 03:23 PM.

I have a 4-Bar that I did on my Suburban the front bracket lands right on the frame rail all you would have to do is "C" notch the frame It will lower it. I did spindles and springs up front and then did the back.
    garageinsider@gmail.com

CAR BUILDER/ CHASSIS FABRICATION/ BIKES
    LASER CUT BRACKETS/ AIRPORT INVESTIGATOR

I like the 4 bar I only want to go down 4 inches the "C" isn't a Problem locating the front mount is my concern. the front Leaf spring mount, because its a pickup frame. has the one body mount from just behind the back seat on a suburban Straddling it. so (Yes I'm as lazy as they get) yea I want this easy, (But I can adapt. of course there may be claw marks when I let go of my old Ideas). what would be the cost for you to make a kit up for me lets say shipped out about Feb. 2015?

Rear bumper

Ok I got pulled over again. No rear bumper, I live in Arizona but a lot of my driving is in Utah. Some Utah officers have a problem with no rear bumpers on trucks, the law is All must have one. the law is adapted from federal standards. as per manufacture Standards. Well they weren't standard equipment until about 1990, HMMM but the law says a truck, car. must have one and extend out to the tire tracking. Man there are a lot of Illegal cars and trucks on the road.

Now here is a note of interest I do a lot of work with our law enforcement, but there are a couple of officers who don't no me it's kind of funny I don't like to drop names I don't think it's fair. to those who don't have this experience. The law should be blind, but flexible.

Well for safety reasons and for piece of mind, take away the excuses to get pulled over. I decided to make a rear bumper. but with what?
    I have some 3x2 tubing but Utah law again says 4.5 inches wide and able to handle a 5mph collision.
    I don't want a card board bumper I want some thing Cool I want to recess a hitch in there too.

I had to extend the frame because the truck frame is 4" shorter than a Suburban frame,( 6inches if you want it to be like a suburban they extend past the body where as a truck frame is even with the body approximately). I had a friend cutt of a foot off a junk frame and i used this to extend it, I ended up only using about 3.75 inches.
    I ended up using some Mobile Home Trailer tongue 9 inch 'I' beam and cut out with my Cool Plasma cutter combo. I cut out the basic design taking in to consideration that when I wrap it around the rear body the curve would be tighter on the bottom of the body then the top. I went 7 inches wide and after calculating Wow 11.5 feet long.

Here are some of the picks,

If you look close there are 4 Gray circles mounted in the basic bumper panel, Yes they are Backup sensors, I'm getting old and my neck don't move like it used to. so why not. I tell every one it's for my wife but, truth be told it's for me too. Hay for $20 bucks on E-bay and about an hour of installation time why not! I don't want to hit a kid or something in a parking lot.

Yea I ended up cutting off the extensions I got interrupted 12 to many time and trying to do this alone. got old and ended up making one curve wrong CRAP!. but I'm safe ( By Utah standards) and this gives me a base line to work from.

Re conditioned engine almost ready to go in. new starter, new oil pump, new valve seals, and a valve lapping, new oil pan,( less money then oem) new timing chain, new distributor. new water pump, Edelbock preformer intake (I painted it low gloss black then used orange paint to high light the letters) and Edelbrock Webber carb. and the 15 extra horse power orange paint. yes it does need a new air filter.

I couldn't help myself I had to rebuild the alternator so why not use some go fast paint and make it match the engine